Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Am I a Kitchen Witch? I will be.. :)

So I think I may choose to dabble in Kitchen Witchery. I've been cooking more from scratch anyway, and healthy is on my mind more and more.

First kitchen witch link I read. This is about.com, I seem to go there a LOT for... everything.. from tips on the games I play, to 'how to' and craft articles. It's also the first link in google.. They suggest having something you can move around easily (like a candle, what I'll probably do) and put it atop the kitchen alter (aka the stove, since it is a modern day hearth) keep fresh herbs if possible, and read up on Feng Shui. Oh! And they mention finding a cookbook.. of Magickal Recipes. (something you can keep in your kitchen, not your BOS)

First link had more info on WHAT. Second link has more info on HOW. They include recipes for Beverages, Bread, Breakfast, Campfire Recipes, Casseroles & One-Dish Meals, Lotions/Potions and Crafts, Magical Desserts, Main Dishes, Salad, Side Dishes, Snacks, Soups, and Stews. Though they don't have a ton of recipes, it gives me a great starting point (FOR FREE!)
*see below for revision*

But wait, there's more!

I'm also in the process of searching Llewellyn for 'kitchen', 12 results. Half of those books look promising, two of those "promising" were novels (interesting, but not what I want). I ended up wanting five, but saving seven links just to look over later.. Like I said I need FREE.

Books I saved include:

  1. Celtic Folklore Cooking
  2. A Kitchen Witches Cookbook
1. OMG this looks fantastic! The author went to Ireland four times in search of people who still use their ancestors recipes, and she published not only the recipes, but stories that go along with them, and appropriate holidays associated with them..

Ok so I'll shut up and go save the links to the shirts I want from Anne Stokes..


*EDIT* So I just noticed on the second link I posted, they're ending their website in November 2014 with a link to another version of the site. On first glance they look about the same, but I feel the need to post both.

No comments:

Post a Comment