Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Lotion bars (any flavor you like)

I don't use lotion. But this would be perfect for gifts, because I know people who like lotion.
I wonder if I'd use these if I used rose scent.. I love rose.. or lily!

Lavender (or your desired fragrance) Lotion Bars

Makes 3 - 2 oz. bars

Ingredients:
2 ounces Beeswax - shredded or grated
2 ounces Coconut Oil
2 ounces Shea Butter or Cocoa Butter
10 - 20 drops Lavender Essential Oil (or your favorite)
1/4 teaspoon Vitamin E Oil (preservative)

Instructions:
1. In a small saucepan over low heat, melt the beeswax, coconut oil and shea or cocoa butter just until they become liquid. Immediately remove from heat. Let cool 5 minutes.
2. Stir in the essential oil and the vitamin E oil. Pour into 2 ounce molds. (I used some small copper jello molds I purchased at a second hand shop). Set aside until cool and solid.
3. Unmold the bars and store in a cool, dry place. (After cooling overnight I wrapped mine in plastic wrap)
4. To use, rub over skin and then rub in as you would any lotion.

No comments:

Post a Comment