Friday, December 27, 2013

Something Wiccan this way comes.

Around Dec 20, I started looking around the internet for information on Wicca. I don't even remember why. I remember I felt compelled.. So I Googled "Wicca beliefs". Clicked What is Wicca? and my journey began. The next article I read was An open Letter to Christians which, as a former Christian, I found very intriguing. I looked around and realized there was a forum.

In this forum I found Wiccan Booklist for Beginners. Since then I've narrowed my list to 3 books. 1: Wicca: A year and a day by Timothy Roderick (#1 because it'll get me started on the path, the sooner I start the sooner I know if I belong), 2: The elements of ritual by Deborah Lipp (#2 because it not only explains how to do something, like a step in a ritual, but also why. That feels important to me.), 3: Wicca for beginners by Thea Sabin (#3 because it explains a lot, calendar, rituals, circles, pentagrams, tools needed, as well as worshiping.. being a life long Christian, I don't know if my way is 'proper' and I want to give The One the utmost respect)

One thing I've noticed... Since I'm no longer a Christian, and spirits are no longer just demons, I am no longer scared of a few bumps in the night. It's either the house settling, or spirits. Maybe even my power animal coming to wish me good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment