Friday, December 27, 2013

Meditation, and snake fables.

I may never dedicate myself, or find my magickal name, or my spirit guide, and I may never have a Book of Shadows. But if I do get a BoS, it'll be a three ringed binder with those protective sleeves. (I've done my research and this is the way for me) I say this because I've written my first entry for my BoS and I'm about to type it for you.

BoS          
Meditation
ONE         

December 24, 2013                              first attempt - meditation

In my parents house on the Eve of the Christian holiday, I threw my blanket over my head and sat near a corner of the room, near the walls but not touching any. I prayed as best I could to the Lord and Lady for their blessing. Then I asked all spirit animals to visit me, admitting my desire to make friends, learn from them if they would teach me, and my desire to find my spirit guide.

My conscious imagination was active a moment or two, I imagined a wolf and a bird. They vanished and most of my conscious mind had relaxed. Then I met an animal I hadn't anticipated... a snake. He, (he?) greeted me. I don't recall everything, but he asked why I was so afraid. So I told him truthfully, I'm afraid of snakes. He proceeded to climb my back, and whispered something in my ear. I was so terrified, I stood. Throwing the blanket off me, and walked briskly away from where I was sitting. I could still feel him on my back, and he was there at least another minute.

December 26, 2013                              Research on the snake as a spirit animal (cliff notes)

Snake: animal meaning - powerfully connected to life force and primal life. totem: Source of life. When snake spirit appears, it likely means that healing opportunities, change, important transitions, and increased energy are manifesting. (I remembered to write down the link!)


Back to now
Do I understand now he probably didn't mean to scare me and was there because I asked? Yes. And I have called/prayed/send a message to the spirit animals and apologized, twice. Am I still afraid of snakes? YES. Will I jump if I have another encounter like that? Probably. But next time I'll try not to be so terrified so I can listen and retain the information that's being given.

As for the snake's prophecies of change? Later on the 26th I found out my cousin works in the town I live in, he will hire me at a job I have experience with, but I need to finish one course... that I'm already working on.

Before I close, I must comment... being a former Christian, I find it ironic that the snake is considered a source of life. The bible does clearly state that life would not be as it is if the snake hadn't interfered. Puts a new understanding to the story of Eden. All Gods and Goddess' are mirror images of The One.

No comments:

Post a Comment