Friday, December 27, 2013

My personal beliefs

I know I believe in creation, that someone (be it a God, an Alien, or a bowl of noodles.. at this point I'm not picky) created me, my dog, and the universe. I believe nature and astrology act like road maps to the being who created us. I believe the creator has some kind of love for us humans, spirits, animals, and nature. I believe in Karma, or I guess now I call it the three-fold law.

I believe science is a way to explain creation and even recreate it, not that we should. I believe in evolution, to a point. (I do not believe our ancestors were monkeys, I do not believe we were ever aquatic) I do believe dinosaurs/dragons existed and I do believe they were killed in a great flood that was caused by a God or Goddess, since that is a story that has been around longer than the bible. Dragons may have flown back to Mars or something. I also believe in aliens, mermaids, unicorns, and faeries. Yes, seriously.
 
I believe the Bible has some truth to it but it should not be read as 100% fact. I no longer believe Jesus is the son of God. I believe Kosher is a realistic way to be healthy (I do not eat pig, I do not eat lobster, I do like my tuna melt and salmon sushi.. this is Kosher). I believe spirits exist, both good and bad, and I believe some spirits are warriors in a great battle between good and evil. I believe this battle can continue indefinitely, and probably will. I do not know what I believe about ghosts.

Now I don't know if I believe that rubbing oil on a candle in specific directions and lightening it with a prayer will do anything but melt the wax and get your fingers greasy, but I am willing to try it and keep an open mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment