Monday, December 30, 2013

Introducing Meditation Monday

I find that meditation is best with a blindfold as I am new and easily distracted. I also discovered Pandora has a meditation station. Booya Witches. Now I'm really bad with posture and dislike sitting in the meditation... way.. lotus?.. and I read somewhere that it didn't matter what position you're in, so I prefer to lay on the carpet (bed or couch is way too comfy for this) with my knees bent.

The last time I meditated, I felt a presence above my head and reached out. I felt one or two animals nuzzling my hand, at the time I thought deer or goat or maybe pitt bull (I love pitt bulls so that was probably wishful thinking), but later I saw a photo of Cerridwen as a Scorpio symbol (I'm a Scorpio) with a deer, boar and fox.

When I was in my early teens I was obsessed with Native American culture (little ironic now that I'm dating a Native American) and I was also a fan of Shaniah Twain... Who is partially Native. Shaniah is actually NOT her birth name, but the name her Native grandfather gave her. So I adopted a native name, and pretended my spirit guide was a fox. (because wolf was too mainstream) What the fox say?

So the boar is coincidence because I felt a medium sized beast with short hair, could be anything. The deer is probably coincidence too, seeing as I had seen a deer in looking up spirit guides the morning before my last meditation. And the fox is probably stretching it. But at the time... Seeing a Wiccan Deity with a Scorpio symbol and the coincidence of the animals... it was shocking. My mouth did that cartoon thing.

Meditation Monday.. So I should be doing meditation a lot more than once a week. I will. But remember, one step at a time. I'm converting religions! I didn't even go to church weekly, or monthly even. Weekly meditation will be an amazing start. So sometime today I will be meditating at least fifteen minutes. Rather I HOPE fifteen minutes. Last time I meditated, the dog came up and put his nose on my arm and I was freaked out because I thought it was a spirit animal. I was in ten minutes, but couldn't after that. But that was at my parents house. I currently do not own any pets.

No comments:

Post a Comment