Monday, January 6, 2014

A rose with any other name..

Well I was going to make a post all about the traditions and my thoughts on them. Half of what I found was merely explanations of how they were started. Why would I reblog that? There's already a million 'histories of''.

So I've decided to come up with a public magickal name. Some witches have two magickal names, a powerful one they keep to them selves, and a less powerful one they share publically, or with those who are close. I have no idea what my real magickal name is, if I ever find it it'll be because the deities told me, and I listened. But that one will remain secret.

I've written a list. Three names are.. well, not real names. One being "Compass". The other fifteen names come from searching meanings on babynames.com (don't tell me you've never done this..) I was going to publish the names I like, but a someone (not sure who, or what) is keeping me from doing so.. I think I'd be wise to listen..

On my quest, I found a post by Lynxspirit, finding your magickal name. At the bottom she (she?) talks about using numerology to find your birth number. I couldn't figure out mine (brain fart, blond moment) so I went looking for more answers. I found a site on numerology, and I highly recommend you look for yourself. Mine ended up being dead on. What's ironic.. my birth name and my birth number are an exact match. Creepy. And It's funny to me, a Goddess I once admired, her name and mine match in numerology.. I admired her because I felt we were alike.

Cross-referencing my top 18 names with my birth number, two match perfectly. Now I may be on to both my real magickal name, and my public one. This is fun, except I don't know which is more powerful. I'll have to let it settle.

No comments:

Post a Comment