Thursday, January 9, 2014

Divination: Numerology

The use of an object to see the unseen.

I would very much like to learn some form of Divination or other. The ones that I am interested in (as an uneducated young Pagan) are Tarot, Runes, Numerology, and Scrying.. (and palms!) Whatever I choose, I'll only choose one. The methods mentioned here are Astrology, Colors, Crystals, Dreams, Feng Shui, IChing, Moon Power, Numerology, Runes, Seasons, Scrying , Tarot, Trees. (My spell check is not happy, half that list had red squiggly lines.)

Hey look, I know .0001% of Divination, Numerology. (from trying to find my Magickal name). Numerology was fun, the bit I learned. I should go back and look for my magickal name.. The ones I liked that day just didn't stick.

Numerology
Through this website I found my five core numbers. Most of these were holy guacamole Batman. And others were not me at all. The five core numbers represent your life path number (aka the blueprint that outlines your life), your expression/destiny number (represents strengths and weakness, and what drives you through life), your personality number (this represents how you appear to strangers), your heart's desire number (or what fuels you to do what you do) and your birth day number (somehow this reveals a talent that you may not have at birth). Curiously, I added all my numbers together and reduced them to a single digit (as you're supposed to with Pythagorean Numerology) and it was the same number as my birth day number. None of my other numbers are the same.

Brief History
The numerology we have today can be credited to the theories of the Greek philosopher Pythagoras, who lived around 590BC.

To research later: Tarot, Runes, Scrying

No comments:

Post a Comment