Thursday, January 9, 2014

Divination: Tarot

The use of an object to see the unseen.

As I've said, I would very much like to learn some form of Divination or other. The ones I'll be looking up first are Tarot, Runes, Numerology, and Scrying. But if I do try divination, I'll only do one. I am using this site to do my initial research.

What do I know, presearch?
All I know about Tarot is it's complicated. Each card has two meanings, one right side up, the other when the card is upside down. Even when these cards have such specific meanings, a lot is up for interpretation. Which.. doesn't make sense.. I also think tarot is good for long distance, non specific readings. Tarot uses the energy of the person it is meant to read. Magick I guess.

Tarot
Using a divination wheel, you can use the cards to reveal what the next twelve months might be like. (I say might with the understanding that nothing in the future is set in stone. Future events can and will change depending on our choices.) You can also ask the cards a question, and cut the desk in three. The answer comes in three ways, past, present, and future.

Then it goes on to talk about the meanings.. Not sure about you, but I'm not really up for all those descriptions.

No comments:

Post a Comment