Thursday, January 2, 2014

the next step

Books. Books. Reading. More books. More reading. Booksbooksbooksreadingbooksbooksreading!

Yes. Have I repeated myself enough? Books, reading the books, buying more books, taking notes, rereading books I just read.... and so on until my brain in numb and my eyes and fingers are sore. I smell papercuts.

Why read books when I have the internet? Because you have to know what you're looking for on the internet, you have to know where to start, you have to know what to look up first, second, and third. The books I want to read are targeted for beginners. They answer my questions even the ones I didn't know I had. They connect the dots between things I know about and things I'm just starting to learn exist. They draw a pretty little picture and explain everything. As it is now, my knowledge is basically a box of puzzles with a ton of missing pieces.

So what is my next step? ... The bookstore.. Or Amazon.

No comments:

Post a Comment