Friday, January 3, 2014

Christians with pitchforks?

So I recently posted about a website that was talking about the fears of a Witch. Instead of making you hunt it down for the scarce sentences I posted, I'll incert it here:
I have not had time to read this, but feel I should. It seems everyone has a story of being hunted. Christians by the law, Witches by the Christians.

How to stay safe when the Christians come with pitchforks.

I've had a horrid thought of standing on the stake, some friend pulling my daughter away, and a torch getting closer.
Somewhere between midnight and 3am, I read through all the information that link provided. It was not a conspiracy about a Witch hunt (Goddess bless!) like I had originally thought. It was biblical quotes, from a Witch (a former Christian), using the bible to debunk the bible.. and ultimately that faith. The author was NOT giving us ammunition to tear down Christianity, or even suggesting that we try to. He/she/they were giving us a means of defense in case Christians come after us... with words. Like the guys that go door to door, if you politely turn them down and they're pushy and it comes to a polite debate, reading that blog will help you. Family, neighbors, friends. This knowledge is not meant to be used to create battles, but to defend ones self when battles arise.

For me specifically, that blog helped me with closure. Being former Christian and having very strong blind faith, it was nice to see reason that the path away from Christianity was right for me. No deepest circle of hell for choosing the path of a Witch.

Now I must state than I truly believe that Christianity is the right path for a big huge hulking mass of people, to make it to a positive, enjoyable afterlife. I can also say with 100% belief that Jews, Muslims, and African religions are all the correct paths for the masses of believers, all leading to the same pleasant afterlife. But those religions just aren't right for me.

I've always believed a connection to nature is key to understanding the deities. As it is winter and most magick is dead, there isn't much for me to learn outside. But I will be acquiring books, and I am trying to read more online even though I feel like the internet is a dead end here.


No comments:

Post a Comment